Trying Veggie Bacon in Chiang Mai

July 11, 2017



Today I take you with me to ‘Taste from Heaven’ and as the name implies it truly is something to write home about. As of right now I’ve been in Thailand for 3 months and I was really start to miss a true Aussie ‘Big Breakfast’ as we call it and this is where Taste from Heaven really delivers. A bit of backstory, the owner ran a thai restaurant in Australia for a few years so it is evident on how it has influenced many of the dishes.
DSC04021.jpg
Taste from Heaven is located in The Old City in Chiang Mai, North of Thailand. They have recently opened a 2nd restaurant, ‘Vegan Heaven’ which has slight variations on the menu as it is completely vegan. The easiest way to get there is with a songthaew which is a shared taxi service. You will see plenty of them driving up and down the main roads, so all you have to do is wave one down and show them the address of your destination. A typical fair is 30 Baht ($1.15 AUD) per person, sooo cheap right?!
DSC04022.jpg
DSC04023.jpg
The original plan was to take you with me to Vegan Heaven however it was closed due to a Thai holiday. However, I was fortunate to find Taste from Heaven open.
DSC04036.jpg
Mmmm… Which breakfast set should I order?
DSC04039.jpg
↑ To complement the breakfast I order a fresh coconut. So Refreshing!
DSC04056.jpg
DSC04049.jpg
DSC04051.jpg
↑ I order breakfast set A mainly because it came with baked beans which is one of my favourite things to have on toast back in Australia.
DSC04045.jpg
↑ I swapped out mushrooms, which I’m not too fond of . As for the vegetarian bacon, I must admit it is REALLY good. It’s not fatty or oily like bacon but I found I prefer it more because it ends up having a nice crispiness to it. We also have banana pancake and hash browns.
DSC04060.jpg
The meal was a total success! If you ever find yourself in Chiang Mai Thailand be sure to check out Taste From Heaven or Vegan Heaven. I hope you liked my first Dine With Me post and hope you upvote and follow if you enjoyed.
Speak Soon My Friends,
IMG_2570-copy-01.png

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© alisha ko. Design by FCD.