Best Vegan Banana Pancakes in Thailand

July 18, 2017

Back in Australia Saturday mornings usually meant pancakes for breakfast but because the current accommodation I’m staying at while I’m travelling doesn’t have a kitchen I had to go pancake hunting. Today I wanted to share with you this amazing cafe that does the best vegan banana pancakes.
Blue Diamond Cafe is located in the Old City in Chiang Mai, you can easily get there with a songthaew (a shared taxi). The first time I visited Blue Diamond I was totally in love with the atmosphere, the water feature sounds creates a spa like environment it’s very relaxing. I tried to capture as much as I could to give you an idea of how peaceful this cafe is.
DSC04113.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 3.08.15 pm.png
DSC04116.jpg
DSC04118.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 2.27.48 pm.png
DSC04119.jpg
After trying these banana pancakes the first time, I was hooked and have been back for these pancakes several more times. However, I’m not sure why the pancake and hashbrowns were a little disappointing today. I have a feeling they had a new chef that day because the food wasn’t as great as it normally was.
DSC04141.jpg
DSC04144.jpg
DSC04152.jpg
They also have a wide selection of natural hair and skincare products for sale within the cafe. I’ve bought a few products from here and so far had nothing but great results!
DSC04162.jpg
Towards the back of the cafe they have their own bakery which they hand make a lot of their bread and pastry. Not to mention a lot of them are vegan too!
DSC041638.jpg
DSC04164.jpg
Outside of the cafe they also have a small selection of local grown fruits and vegetable available for purchase.
DSC04165.jpg
I would highly recommend this cafe for breakfast, I’m just hoping today disappointing pancake was just a one time event and next time I got back they are back to their fabulous pancakes & hashbrown.
Until next time,
IMG_2570-copy-01.png

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© alisha ko. Design by FCD.