Happy Pizza in Cambodia. Legit or Scam?

July 27, 2017

Lets talk about "Happy" Pizza. If you find yourself strolling down Hospital Street in Siem Reap, you will probably see a few Pizzaria selling Happy Pizza. "Happy" is there not so secret nickname for weed. After hearing such a pizza joints existed I had to put it to the test first hand to see if Happy Pizza really does make you happy or was it just another gimmick.
DSC04416.jpg
There was about 4 happy pizza joints on this street so picking which one to try was a little hard. In the end I went with the Happy Special Pizza restaurant because I liked the happy sun picture and I just got good vibes from it.
DSC04432.jpg
After a quick browse through the menu outside the restaurant the owner come outside to greet us with
"You like happy?"
Now what could you really say to that, we were sold. We took a seat and flipped right to the pizza section on the menu.
DSC04430.jpg
They had about 3 pages of different pizzas but there was one 1 vegetarian one so that made it extremely easy for me to pick. I don't do dairy so I was a little worried If I got the happy pizza without cheese it wouldn't have the same effect as I heard that weed needs to be cooked with fat for it work. My boyfriend did order one with cheese so if he felt the effects and I didn't then we would know why.
DSC04417.jpg

Ordering was simple

"Can I get 1 medium vegetarian?"
"You want happy?"
"Yes"
"Can I also have 1 medium vegetarian too but without cheese?"
"You still want happy?"
"Yes"
DSC04423.jpg
The pizza itself tasted really good, baked with a crispy base. Even if you didn't want the happy this place just serves genuinely good pizza anyway. I know pineapple is a touch and go kind of topping on pizza but It's honestly my favourite pizza topping so I was extremely happy to have so much of it on my pizza.

Can you taste the weed?

Nope, it did have a very slight herb taste but I'm almost certain that was just the herbs and spices that they sprinkle on top as you can see on the pineapple below.
DSC04424.jpg
After eating the whole pizza, we took a tuk tuk ride back to the hotel and spontaneously decided to go to the hotel cocktail lounge to enjoy a cocktail. A little side info: I'm not a drinker at all, I simply just don't like the taste of alcohol of any sorts and my body doesn't tend to react well after I drink. I instantly go super hot and red and botchy all over but because I haven't drank is so long I didn't remember the details of how my body reacted so that night I thought it would be fun just to have a cheeky cocktail to complement the pizza.
My boyfriend and I ordered our cocktail, mine was labeled "healthy cocktail" I assumed it was because it was pretty much a fruit smoothie. We sat and drank our cocktails for about 15 minutes and by then I was started to feel funny and all I wanted to do was get into some comfy clothes and lay down. I thinking it was just my cocktail going to my head already and got the check and left.
Well turns out which I only later realised that my "Healthy" cocktail wasn't pretty much a fruit smoothie, it was JUST a fruit smoothie, no alcohol in it. I was so silly, read all the ingredients to that cocktail but didn't think oh there isn't any spirits listed in this. Silly me. But boy was I glad there was no alcohol because that pizza was super effective, so effective that I thought I was super tipsy from just 1 cocktail but no it was all pizza magic and it made for a really fun night :)
Turns out cheese, or no cheese makes no differences!
DSC04428.jpg
I ended up getting it again on a different night as takeaway, as you can see below the weed baked on the pizza base. I initially thought it was the herbs on top of the pineapple.
IMG_0479-01.jpg
So if you ever find yourself booking a trip to Siem Reap, I would totally recommend eating the happy pizza at Happy Special Pizza.
Thanks for reading :) please upvote or resteem if you enjoyed and I will talk to you again soon,
IMG_2570-copy-01.png

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© alisha ko. Design by FCD.