Craving Vegan Dumplings?

August 2, 2017

I need to share my favourite vegan dumplings I've ever had. Pan fried dumplings are one of my guilty pleasures but there isn't many places that do vegetarian/vegan dumpling well, so when I stumbled on this little gem I knew It would be restaurant I would return to many times while I'm here in Thailand.
First and foremost I want to comment on how adorable the branding is, it is done so well it could easily be mistaken for a franchise. Sadly it is just the one so I will deeply miss this place when I'm back in Australia. When I first heard about Tidmor online it actually took a while for us to catch it at a time it was open. We first went on a Sunday and they were closed and then we decided to go for lunch as they were listed to open from 10am-2pm and 5pm-10pm. But turns out through many attempts to head there for lunch only to be disappoint by the closed sign that they only exclusively open from 5pm-10pm now. So bare your mind when you decide to pay Tidmor a visit because dumpling disappointment is a thing.
DSC052752.jpg
DSC05277.jpg
DSC05280.jpg
DSC05283.jpg
DSC05284.jpg
DSC05285.jpg
I love how they use pots as lampshades, so unique!
DSC05287.jpg

Time To Order

We got a strawberry frappe, tofu & mushroom dumplings, vermicelli & soya dumplings and the tomato and soya noodles. All dumplings are handmade daily by the owner of the restaurant, so it is no surprise that why the quality of these dumplings are just amazing. We had a chance to chat with the owner once before and she told us how she wanted to work less which is why she limited opening times to dinner. I can see why since she makes all the dumpling herself and she also does all the cooking herself in the restaurant. She also told us that she used to live in Australia too before moving to Chiang Mai to be close to her parents so she could take care of them. She's so lovely, she once gave us 5 free dumplings to take home because she accidentally burnt a few of the ones she served to us.
DSC05288.jpg
The dumplings are perfecto! crispy and not too oily. The sauce they serve with the dumplings are an original recipe.
DSC052932.jpg
DSC05297.jpg
The noodles remind me of spaghetti and meatballs because of the soya but the sauce is more asian inspired, more lighter than spag bol.
DSC05290.jpg
DSC05296.jpg
I'm happy to able to share this restaurant with you all and hope you check it out if you are in Chiang Mai. Hope you enjoyed my post and you are most welcome to upvote, resteem & follow if you like what you see.
Speak soon,
IMG_2570-copy-01.png

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© alisha ko. Design by FCD.