Vegan Burger in Siem Reap

August 4, 2017



Before visiting Siem Reap I made a little list on my phone of cafes/restaurant that were highly recommended online and Sister Srey Cafe was one. I didn't plan on going to this cafe this particular day but it just so happened to pop up right before my eyes while we were casually strolling through town.
If you're wondering Srey means sister in Khmer (Cambodian) so it's Sister Sister Cafe and that's because it was ran by sisters Lauren And Cassie.
DSC05152.jpg

The interior of Sister Srey Cafe

I really love the look of plants in a cafe it just makes them look 10 times cozier. When I move into a place of my own again I will definitely put plants around my house but not real ones because god knows they won't last more than a month with my plant maintenances skills. I once pet sat my friend's house for a week and her one plant which was in my care didn't look the healthiest when they returned. I watered it daily and put it out for sun but it still slowly died on me but they assured me that when they first bought it home the plant nearly went to hell and back so it was no biggie. Phew~ ^_^". However the cat I was taking care of there was in tip top shape which is all that really matters.
DSC05142.jpg
DSC05141.jpg
They had a cool twisted staircase which I don't see often, I did feel bad for the waiters taking food up and down those stairs, it looked like it posed quite a challenge.
DSC05140.jpg
DSC05150.jpg

The Food

I order a vegan lentil burger, it was....okay. The burger and patty itself was cooked great but I didn't really like the herbs on the patty. I'm not big on strong herbs. Just a personal preferences things nothing to do with the cafe and food quality itself because my boyfriend really enjoyed his Schnitty roll.
DSC0514422-01.jpg
DSC05143.jpg
DSC05145.jpg

The cute menu

I wanted to include the cute drinks menu. I was so delighted to see they repurposed old "Little golden book" into covers for their drink menus. I thought that was so cute and unique. Did you read little golden books when you were little?
DSC05124.jpg
DSC05125.jpg

Here are 10 more reason to love Sister Srey Cafe!

DSC05151.jpg
DSC05154.jpg
IMG_2570-copy-01.png

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© alisha ko. Design by FCD.